Dear friends of the Festival in the Desert,
As you are likely aware, Mali has entered a State of Emergency. This week, the Government has requested that we temporarily postpone the Sahel portion of the Festival, as insecurity in the region could jeopardize the safety of tourists, technicians, artists, journalists, etc. The February caravan in the Sahel will be postponed most likely until late fall, after the rainy season.
We are working diligently on these, as well as Festival-in-Exile international logistics, which will commence this spring. We will post more information on all of the above in a matter of weeks.
Thank you for your understanding and continued support. We look forward to continuing our cultural movement of peace & tolerance with you.
The Organizing Committee.